Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Brookies, Bronzebacks....and Bonefish(?)

All the tools needed for a successful bonefish adventure
I had the chance to take another shot at bonefish last month while on vacation in Great Exuma,
Bahamas.  I hired "Bonefish Stevie" for a morning trip, and though windy and not an ideal tide, it was still a wonderful and unique experience fishing across emerald colored water in a magical setting.  The bite wasn't on and the fish were tough to find.  I did land a few with this guy (in the photo) being the big boy of the day.  Once hooked he took me halfway through my backing - twice - before finally tiring. 
Bonefish are like torpedos beneath the water
Stevie was a terrific guide and emissary for the Bahamas.  I look forward to my next trip to the islands.
Bonefish Stevie in his home waters



Tight lines from Brookies, Bronzebacks and Bonefish (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment