Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Yellow to Red

is the transition my switch line makes as it moves from its front loaded belly to its thin running line, the amount of red line beyond the last guide helped me consistently swing my weighted bead head fly into the strike zone as shad ran a riffle and rested in the pool in front of me.  I only fished for 75-min today as my goal was ensure the run was still pumping for Henry's arrival this Friday.   The run was still hot and I left after 15 shad and one blue cat brought to hand.   I love these fish and with 7 anglers behind me crowding tip-o-island pool I had the lower pool to myself.
84 degrees with perfect water level - gorgeous day

Deep Silvery Hickory Shad



You never know what you'll find on your line

5wt Switch w sink tip is about perfect

"Fly of choice"

No comments:

Post a Comment