Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Big bass at Pohick Bay



Whenever you have the proverbial "fish on" on your first cast, often times it's a bad omen, and you can go hours waiting for that next strike.  I've been down that road too many times.  But when you have "fish on"after the 2nd and 3rd casts... it usually means you've found something and an awesome day is in the making.  Such was my outing on Pohick Bay this morning.





Using size #4 poppers, I was targeting big bass. Over the course of about 3 hours, I brought to hand about 10 largemouth -- all well over 2 pounds.

There's one behemoth with a blue #4 popper that I never brought to hand, but suspect he was north of 5 pounds.



I shot some video, but it resembles a fly fishing video meets the Blair Witch Project.  More work to do on that front.

Not the same fish !


No comments:

Post a Comment